The Birth Store
C-Section Birth Recovery Kit - Silicone Strips
Pickup available at The Birth Store
Usually ready in 24 hours
What's in the Kit:
There are so many beautiful products on the market now to help with healing and comfort after your birth. We have created a kit with a couple of our favourite products from small Australian businesses to aid you in you the recovery journey you deserve - the one kit to fill all your recovery needs!
- 2x Disposable Maternity Underwear
- Postpartum Bath Salts
- C-Section Scar Silicone Strips
Disposable Maternity Underwear Features:
Designed by a midwife, these disposable maternity underwear are perfect for your postpartum period or for when your waters break.
Details on this product:
Replaces bulky pads
Designed for pregnancy and postpartum
Designed to be worn comfortably, even after a C-section
Secure and comfortable
Absorbent and leak-free
Can be worn during the day and overnight
Perfectly designed for your postpartum period
Most people find wearing disposable underwear more comfortable during the postpartum bleeding stage, however, most on the market are designed for urine, not blood and are not designed with pregnant bodies in mind - until now! These are a must-have for your hospital bag.
Medium: Fits waist 75-110cm
Large: Fits waist 100-140cm
Postpartum Bath Salts Features:
Created with the perfect botanical blend of soothing and nourishing herbs that nurture delicate and stretched skin, supporting it's return to normal.
Embrace the calming properties of lavender, with the comforting and healing benefits of calendula, chamomile and yarrow, with the added mineral powers of the Magnesium salts.
This beautiful blend, combined with soaking in a warm bath after birth helps your body to repair and it also provides an opportunity for you to sit and fully relax those muscles that have worked so hard to birth your baby.
Ingredients: Magnesium Sulphate Heptahydrate, Calendula officinalis (Calendula) Flower, Chamomilla recutita (Chamomile) Flower, Achillea millefolium (Yarrow) flowers, Lavandula officinalis (Lavender) Flower, Lavandula officinalis (Lavender) Essential oil
Directions: Mix 1/3 of the pack in 1 litre of boiling water and allow it to steep for twenty minutes. Pour the blend into a bath that just covers your hips and inscision in the case of a C-section. Sit, soak, and relax for twenty minutes. Complete for 3 consecutive days after birth.
For external use only. Not to be used during pregnancy
Free from sulfates (SLS/SLES), silicones, parabens, PEGs, GMOs, mineral oils, petrolatum, synthetic colours and fragrances, or animal testing. Do not ingest. This bag is compostable.
C-Section Scar Silicone Strips Features:
Silicone can be used for improving the appearance and textures of scars, and is often recommended by healthcare professionals. and labelled as the ‘gold standard’ of scar treatment. You can use these silicone strips once your practitioner gives you the okay to apply topical products to your c-section skin - this is usually at your six-week check up.
These silicone strips create a physical barrier between your fragile new skin and the world, while promoting moisture retention. This contributes to a smoother, softer, and less noticeable scar appearance.
We know that as your skin gradually recovers from stomach birth, it’s likely to feel sensitive, tender, and irritable (just like how many of us feel in the months that follow). Collagen thickens as part of the healing process, however, this tends to give scars a bumpy, raised look. It’s also possible that your scar has a different colour to the rest of your skin. While this is all totally normal and to be expected after a c-section delivery, we get that you might like to help your scar fade and flatten as much as possible.
Why we love our silicone strips…
-There are very few risks associated with applying silicone strips topically, as its non-invasive, safe to use while breastfeeding, and suitable for all skin types.
-The strip provides the slightest amount of pressure to your scar for enhanced protection and moisture retention.
-They can be worn all day every day, to continually minimise the appearance of your scar.
-They’re ultra-thin, flexible, durable, and soft, so you won’t notice you’re wearing it.
Each pack contains 4 X 100% medical-grade silicone strips for c-section skin.
How to use:
- Wash hands.
- Gently clean and dry your c-section scar.
- Remove the silicone strip from the clear packet and peel it from the plastic liner.
- Place the sticky side of the strip on your scar so it covers the entirety.
- You can wear your silicone strip for a minimum of 12 hours per day, up to 24.
- Remove it before bathing, showering or swimming.
- After each use, gently wash your silicone strip in warm water and/or with non-perfumed soap - do not overwash!
- Allow to air dry.
- Make sure it is fully dry before reapplying.
- Reuse each silicone strip until it loses its stickiness - which takes about two weeks - this is a guide only.
- How long you can wear a silicone strip for and how long it stays sticky for depends on the oiliness of your skin.
- YUNG BOD suggests using silicone strips for at least three to six months, for optimal results 12 months is recommend.
Ingredients: Silicone gel and polydimethylsiloxane.
- Wash hands before using.
- Do not use creams or ointments under strips.
- Do not use it on open wounds, broken skin, or infected skin.
- Do not refrigerate. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Intended for adult use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For external use only.
- Skin may feel slightly itchy when applied.
- Discontinue use if an allergic reaction occurs.
- Any injury resulting from misuse and not following instructions is not the responsibility of YUNG BOD.
- This item is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any condition.