C-Section Scar Silicone Strips
Pickup available at The Birth Store
Usually ready in 24 hours
C-Section Scar Silicone Strips:
Silicone can be used for improving the appearance and textures of scars, and is often recommended by healthcare professionals. and labelled as the ‘gold standard’ of scar treatment. You can use these silicone strips once your practitioner gives you the okay to apply topical products to your c-section skin - this is usually at your six-week check up.
These silicone strips create a physical barrier between your fragile new skin and the world, while promoting moisture retention. This contributes to a smoother, softer, and less noticeable scar appearance.
We know that as your skin gradually recovers from stomach birth, it’s likely to feel sensitive, tender, and irritable (just like how many of us feel in the months that follow). Collagen thickens as part of the healing process, however, this tends to give scars a bumpy, raised look. It’s also possible that your scar has a different colour to the rest of your skin. While this is all totally normal and to be expected after a c-section delivery, we get that you might like to help your scar fade and flatten as much as possible.
Why We Love It:
- There are very few risks associated with applying silicone strips topically, as its non-invasive, safe to use while breastfeeding, and suitable for all skin types.
- The strip provides the slightest amount of pressure to your scar for enhanced protection and moisture retention.
- They can be worn all day every day, to continually minimise the appearance of your scar.
- They’re ultra-thin, flexible, durable, and soft, so you won’t notice you’re wearing it.
Each pack contains 4 X 100% medical-grade silicone strips for c-section skin.
How To Use:
How to use:
- Wash hands.
- Gently clean and dry your c-section scar.
- Remove the silicone strip from the clear packet and peel it from the plastic liner.
- Place the sticky side of the strip on your scar so it covers the entirety.
- You can wear your silicone strip for a minimum of 12 hours per day, up to 24.
- Remove it before bathing, showering or swimming.
- After each use, gently wash your silicone strip in warm water and/or with non-perfumed soap - do not over wash!
- Allow to air dry.
- Make sure it is fully dry before reapplying.
- Reuse each silicone strip until it loses its stickiness - which takes about two weeks - this is a guide only.
- How long you can wear a silicone strip for and how long it stays sticky for depends on the oiliness of your skin.
- YUNG BOD suggests using silicone strips for at least three to six months, for optimal results 12 months is recommend.
Ingredients: Silicone gel and polydimethylsiloxane.
- Wash hands before using.
- Do not use creams or ointments under strips.
- Do not use it on open wounds, broken skin, or infected skin.
- Do not refrigerate. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Intended for adult use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For external use only.
- Skin may feel slightly itchy when applied.
- Discontinue use if an allergic reaction occurs.
- Any injury resulting from misuse and not following instructions is not the responsibility of YUNG BOD.
- This item is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any condition.